Thursday, May 15, 2008

FO: Spiral Boot Socks


(click for bigger)

Look, they're done! My sister will be so happy...you know, because feet get really cold in May in Texas. Ah well, better late than never, right? In any case, I do get the satisfaction of scratching one more pair off the infamous sock queue:
  1. Charade socks for Brian
  2. River Rapid socks for Jennie
  3. Vinnland socks for Van
  4. Millicent socks for Sam
  5. Rhiannon socks for Mandy
  6. Spiral boots socks for Leila
  7. Socks for Mom
  8. Socks for Stepdad
  9. Something sockish for Dani (possibly booties?)
  10. Indestructible socks for Jon
Ah. Finally making progress! Speaking of which, I'll likely be done with another pair really soon, so stay tuned - it could be yours!

Yarn - 2 skeins Knitpicks Gloss (70% merino, 30% silk) in burgundy. This is really nice shiny yarn, especially for the price. I found it to be kind of splitty, though, and not as soft as I was expecting.

Needles - I merrily magic looped away on 32" size 2 addi turbos.

Pattern - Spiral Boot Socks from Interweave Knits, Summer 2007. Really, the only mods I made were working it toe-up instead of top-down and substituting a short-row heel.

No comments: