Tuesday, December 16, 2008

FO: Millicent Knee Socks for Sam




So.....this is really old news. I finished these and gave these to Sam (along with the socks I made for my Mom, stepdad, and sister) when I was visiting Texas way way back in August. Sorry about the hold up. Wait! You know what this means:
  1. Charade socks for Brian
  2. River Rapid socks for Jennie
  3. Vinnland socks for Van
  4. Millicent socks for Sam
  5. Rhiannon socks for Mandy
  6. Spiral boots socks for Leila
  7. Socks for Mom
  8. Socks for Stepdad
  9. Something sockish for Dani (possibly booties?)
  10. Indestructible socks for Jon
Woot.
Yarn - Knitpicks Risata (42% Cotton, 39% Superwash Merino Wool, 13% Polyamide, 6% Elite Elastic) in Navy. I thought knitting with this yarn would be weird and awkward - that it would be to springy to get in the groove with - but it turned out to be kind of nice to knit with. And good sock yarn, though, in hindsight maybe not the best choice for these socks (the elastic makes it slightly nubbly, which makes stitch definition on the laces cuffs less than awesome). It wasn't quite stretchy enough, either, probably due to the high cotton content, and the cuffs sag like all hell1.

Needles - Hmmm....it's been awhile now, but I think I made this using size 1 (which is really more of a 1.5 compared to my other needles) addi turbo circulars.

Pattern - Millicent from Cookie A. I really didn't read the pattern at all (even though I bought it), just knit it toe-up using the pictures. I just looked really closely to figure out the toe, then it was golden. I increased 2 at the center of the back of the leg every 5 rows to make the calf shaping starting an inch or so into the leg. I did read the charts for the lace cuff.


1Sam, I'm including some elastic thread in the pickage of christmas stuff for you and Leila to fix the cuff problems with. Just a heads up.

No comments: