Wednesday, December 31, 2008

FO: Orange Tweed Boatneck


(click for bigger)

Got this one in just under the wire! It's been done for a week or so, but I needed to to some finishing and some serious blocking before I could blog about it. It's a very simple sweater - top-down raglan with garter stitch cuffs and a ribbed hem, and the rest in stockinette - but I really like the way it turned out. I'm realizing more and more that I like to wear fairly simply looking sweaters (though more interesting construction is always a plus), but I like to knit crazy-intricate stuff that I don't ever seem to actually wear. Cruel twist of fate, I guess.
Yarn - 6 skeins of Classic Elite Skye Tweed (100% wool, 110 yards) in MacAlister Orange. This yarn is beyond awesome! I got it on closeout from Webs a really long time ago, maybe a year or so back, to make a sweater vest and just sat on it. An then I decided I should make an actual sweater out of it and had just enough for elbow-length sleeves.

Needles - 24" size 5 Inox grey circulars I think. Hmmm....I should resize and sort my needles.

Pattern - Made it up as I went along, but as I said, it's got a really basic construction and no fancy stitchwork anywhere. The garter stitch cuffs on the neck and sleeves were knit flat, and the rest of it was worked in the round. The mother-of-pearl buttons were salvaged from a shirt that got caught in a nasty flood when I moved ot Michigan for grad school. I used these buttons for my very first sweater ever, too.


PS - if you have a more creative name for this sweater, let me know, because I clearly don't.

No comments: