Thursday, May 20, 2010

FO: Extra Simple Mitts


I made these after winter was mostly over. Because my coat pockets are warm enough and this winter was suspiciously mild, I actually more or less got away without having a good pair of mitts this year. But, my apartment is still kind of cold and my desk is right next to the window, so I worked on these on and off for awhile and still where them in the mornings when my hands are chilly.

Yarn - don't remember. Extremely fine rose-colored lace weight yarn which I think has some substantial silk content to it.

Needles - size 0 addi turbos. These took awhile.

Pattern - none. I made these up as I went along. Aside from the ribbing at the cuffs and the tops, it's all stockinette. I didn't do a gusset (my hands are shaped kind of funny), I just separated enough stitches to make a thumb and used the leftovers to make the part for the fingers.

No comments: