Saturday, October 24, 2009

Week of Socks!: Vinnland socks


(click for bigger)

This is about the point at which I started running out of creativity. As explained below, both the pattern and the yarn are repeats and/or cop-outs in one way or another. I blame that on the fact that I was making them in August while I was working on drafts of like 6-7 articles (seriously, I was swamped) and visiting the family back in Texas. Didn't have a lot of brain power available, you know?

Yarn - 2 skeins of Lang Jawoll Cotton (49% new wool, 35% cotton, and 16% nylon) I had leftover from these socks. This yarn is still pretty awesome. Good thing I overbought (I might actually have enough for another pair lying around.)

Needles - Magic looped on size 1 Addi Turbos.

Pattern - The Vinnland pattern from the Anti-Craft. I really like this pattern, but if you're astute you may have noticed that in the grand sock queue, it's been slated to socks for Van, not me. Well, hopefully I'll finally make him some awesome Vinnland socks of his own one day (I really am planning to, I swear), so I'll consider these a dry run. Hell, maybe if I have enough I'll make him a matching pair out of the same yarn. The pattern called for it to be done toe-up with a short-row heel, so the only modification I made was using the magic 8 CO instead of doing a short-row toe and adding some calf shaping (see the photo above).

1 comment:

Tamar G said...

dude, I'm super impressed by your socks. I haven't been knitting enough recently... or really much at all... oops. We should webcam soon!