Thursday, December 18, 2008

FO: Rhiannon Knee Socks for Mandy



(click for bigger)

These have been done for awhile too, although not since August, like Sam's. More like late-September/early October. These socks will be showing up for Mandy at Christmas, which I feel a little bad about since everyone else has had their socks for awhile now. But it is a more appropriate time to get knee socks....so I guess it all works out. And now for the really satisfying part of finishing them:
  1. Charade socks for Brian
  2. River Rapid socks for Jennie
  3. Vinnland socks for Van
  4. Millicent socks for Sam
  5. Rhiannon socks for Mandy
  6. Spiral boots socks for Leila
  7. Socks for Mom
  8. Socks for Stepdad
  9. Something sockish for Dani (possibly booties?)
  10. Indestructible socks for Jon
On to the knitting specs!
Yarn - maybe 3 1/2 skeins of possibly Lang Jawoll Cotton (49% new wool, 35% cotton, and 16% nylon)? I'm really not sure about the yarn. It's a great thing black and green tweed with a strang of gold running through it, and I know I picked something with a decent amount of cotton in it so that Mandy's legs would bake in the socks. I'm pretty sure that it's Lang Jawoll because it came with reinforcement thread (which I totally didn't use), and I think that brand does that. Note to self - take better notes.

Needles - addi turbo 1's, same as Sam's

Pattern - Rhiannon by Cookie A. Again, I didn't actually read the pattern, just references the charts (noticing a pattern with this?). Here are the mods...well the one's I'm aware of and remember making:
  • worked it toe up with a short row heel. Woo! Toe up 4-eva!
  • according to Mandy's measurements, I bet the calf shaping got tweaked a bit. I ended up increasing every other row about 2 inches past the ankle
  • I didn't knit foldover cuffs, just ribbed ones
  • I threaded elastic thread around the top edge of the cuffs to prevent them from falling down, like Leila and Sam's reportedly have been doing (Note to Leila and Sam: check out the inside of Mandy's socks to see how you should fix yours, if you so desire).

No comments: