Tuesday, May 18, 2010

FO: Plain Ribbed Socks



Yarn - another from the Spunky Eclectic sock club (my favorite so far). colorway called Istanbul Sunset. Very thin, fine yarn.

Needles - size 0 addi turbo circulars (like I said, very fine gauge yarn)

Pattern - just a simple 2x2 rib. Really, truly nothing fancy. I started these socks three or four times with fancyish patterns and it never looked quite right - either the pattern overwhelmed the colors or the colors overwhelemed the pattern and neither way looked quite right. So I just did a rib instead.

They were worked toe up (casting on 32sts and increasing to 72 sts) with a short row heel (everything wrapped but center 13 sts). The 2x2 rib was worked as set for about 50 rounds, then I started calf shaping by making 1 purl stitch in between the two already set purl stitches of every 3rd repeat of the rib pattern (you can see it if you look closely at the second picture above). the next 9 rounds were worked as established. I did this two more times, so that by the end all purl sections had three stitches instead of two.

No comments: