Monday, June 09, 2008

FO: River Rapids Socks


(click for bigger)

Yeah, so, sorry for the delayed absence (again). These have been done for awhile, but I couldn't fine the cable to my digital camera for the longest time....and I've been completely taken over by warcraft. In fact, if you're interested, you can read about it here. But this is a knitting blog, so I'll stick to that.

Yay! Another one scratched off the Dreaded Sock Queue!
  1. Charade socks for Brian
  2. River Rapid socks for Jennie
  3. Vinnland socks for Van
  4. Millicent socks for Sam
  5. Rhiannon socks for Mandy
  6. Spiral boots socks for Leila
  7. Socks for Mom
  8. Socks for Stepdad
  9. Something sockish for Dani (possibly booties?)
  10. Indestructible socks for Jon
Look at that! Finally making some progress. I've actually already started Sam's Millicent socks, but it'll be awhile before they're done. BUT THEY WILL GET DONE, goddammit.
Yarn - Hipknits, but I don't remember the colorway and I can't for the life of me find the tag (when did I start losing everything? I swear, I'm inches away from becoming that doddering old woman with the plastic bag wrapped over her blue 'do mumbling to herself in the supermarket. This close.).

Needles - 32" (I think) size 1 addi turbos. Although, they are bigger than my size 1 bamboo dpns, which I think means they're really size 1.5. But whatever.

Pattern - River Rapids by Sock Bug. This is a really simple, really pretty pattern that was kind of ridiculously fast to knit. As always, there were mods:
  • worked it toe up, substituting a short-row heel
  • I didn't work 1, 2, 8, or 9 of the chart. I dropped them because it made the chart easier to memorize and I am a lazy, lazy girl.

No comments: