Sunday, September 27, 2009

The perfect video game is Rock Band.

Well, perfect for me, anyway. Because I suck at most controller-based video games (not Wii, though, where my tendency to jerk around like a twitchy idiot actually helps), and I compulsively sing along to music and I really like playing it, too. Or, in this case, pretending to play it. Add to that the ability to make and play dress up with avatars how who cool hair options and I'm done for.

It all started last month when I went home to Texas for a week or so. First it was "hey guys, nice to be back."

Then: "Oh, is that a plastic baby guitar used for that game with the flying notes and what have you?"

Then: "Hey, I'm kind of not sucking at the drums, here..."

And finally (over and over): "So...if we're not doing anything...WHO'S UP FOR SOME ROCK BAND?! IAMIAMIAM!!"

And it hasn't really stopped. I sent jon out for an Xbox 360 literally the day we flew back into Michigan. I can now play most songs on hard on all three instruments (and a couple of songs on expert. The really easy ones, but still) for both Rock Band 2 and The Beatles: Rock Band. And sometimes I balance the microphone on some jars on the coffee table and sing along while I play my plastic baby guitar. Sometimes, people walk by my window and I feel terribly conspicuous about it, but...I mean...I'm still sitting there doing it anyway. Turns out I do a mean Ringo Starr impression. In the right octave and everything. Thanks, man voice.

No comments: