Thursday, April 26, 2007

Warning: Silly Pictures Ahead!

Hey everybody! I'll get the knitting news out of the way first.


(click for bigger)

I finished the first Thelonious-inpired knee sock yesterday! I cranked this baby out in just over a week, inspired by a passion for knee socks I didn't even know I had. Theoretically, the second one should go even quicker, because I won't have to spend as much time rewriting charts, writing new ones, and figuring out various construction issues like calf shaping. I'm giving myself a couple of days before I start it though.

If you're not into silly pictures of cats and things, you can stop reading now. Well, I mean, you can stop reading whenever you want, but it;s just a suggestion.

Onto the silly pictures! I'll start with......me and my friend Jennie:


(click for bigger....IF YOU DARE!)

Yeah, so, I took the weekend off from packing for going home and planning my research projects and similar things to go visit my friend Jennie....and Photobooth struck again! Playing with the effects options that come wit the teensy camera in my macbook have once again proven irresistible to my loved ones. For the record, those giant hydrocephalic-y pictures were taken with the dent effect. No effects (aside from our inherent dorkiness, but that doesn't come with a computer, you know) were used for the picture on the bottom.

Anyway, my dear friend Jennie is a doll. She's in the MAT program at Earlham, learning to be a Latin teacher and spread the joy of dead languages to eager children everywhere. She fed us (Jon went too, which makes sense, since he's essentially my chauffeur. Our car is a manual and I can't drive stick.) and took us on walks around campus and beautiful Richmond, Indiana. In return, I taught her some excel tricks to make her action research project easier. Isn't the term action research great? I feel like Action Researchers should have capes issued to them or something.

Now....crazy cat picture!


That's Mittens. She's a big, big fan of knocking over my various stacks of paper and stealing yarn to lick in a weirdly intense, somewhat maniacal way. Also, if you look closely at her upturned paw, you can see her fluffy toe tufts, which I think are really funny. I mean, what evolutionary purpose could they possible serve? Disabling predators with cuteness?

Now....deliciousness!


Midnight flatbread quesadilla! Yeah! I love me some ground beef, sour cream and cheddar cheese at 1 am.

And finally.....something totally bizarre!


That's our friendly neighborhood swordfish sculpture. Yep. It's attached to a speed limit sign outside the hippie bakery down the street from my apartment. It just.....kind of appeared there a week or so ago, with no explanation. I've become quite attached to it in that way you get to random environmental fixtures.

That's it for now. Hopefully, the silliness will abate and a more cogent and cohesive post will be written soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The swordfish is the best thing ever. Well, maybe second best. After fluffy toe tufts.

And now I want to knit kneesocks instead of studying for my finals. ;)

Anonymous said...

The swordfish, hum...Mittens is really cute, but wait 'til you see how huge Walnut has gotten! Can't wait to see you kids! Iggiana is doing great and Leila's paperwork came finally. I'll call either Sat. or Sun. Much Love,
Momma