Saturday, August 09, 2008

JUST IN: New glasses fulfill promise of knitting content

Yep, thanks to my newly competent corrective lenses, I have knitting news to share! I finished off the first of the Millicent knee socks I've been making for Sam. Take a gander:


I'm going away this week, visiting Jon's family and our dear dear friend Tamar (currently the Reader of the Current Time Period in Jarthen land), so many hours in the car should make finishing the other one no problem at all.

Actually, I think I'll be able to start the last of the pressing items on the Sock Queue of Doom on this trip, since there's actually not that much to do with Sam's sock. I knit the first up to the lace section and stopped because we were driving and I didn't bring the pattern (yay foresight!). so I started the second one and knit it all the way through it. All I really have to do, then, is work the foldover lace cuff for the first sock and weave in all the ends.

No comments: