Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I'm 23!

Today is my birthday! Yay! Given that it's my birthday, I'm going to ask for a little flexibility with the content here and steer away from knitting for a bit.

Here's what I've done today: woke up, had some breakfast, edited a few student papers, held office hours (where I discussed said student papers), and came home. Then the real festivities began! There were many lovely presents (including a very nice pair of boots I bought for myself), several milkshakes, and a scavenger hunt.



from top: awesome jacket (thanks jon!), gleeful boyfriend, signs telling me how great a day Sept 19, 2004 [sic] is, really cool stool with Jon's hookah (thanks mom!)

And now, I must leave your and return to the festivities. But, I'll leave you with these profound lyrics from the Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie:

Did you bring your baby?
Babies don't watch this!
Take your seed outside.

See you tomorrow, blog.

PS - I finished rusted root! She is blocking and we'll have a proper showing soon!

ETA: Google is scary. That is all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good god, I stop checking for three days and I come back and there's all kinds of new stuff up! *faints*

First of all, happy birthday! I'm a little jealous that you're just now turning 23 - I turned 23 in May, which I know isn't that much older or anything, but I can't seem to adjust to it. I've told my mother that I'm 22 three times in the last two months and she looks at me a little lopsided when that happens. :P

Your cats are adorable. I'm a little surprised that the chubby one's not a niphead. 'Cause, you know...munchies.

And finally, your Rusted Root looks really good. I wish I had the patience/wrist stamina to knit sweaters. I don't, though. :)