Sunday, February 17, 2008

Blast from the past


First, sorry about the irregular posting. Prelims + classes + catching up from all the stuff I put off doing union work = complete overload. Bear with me for another month and I promise contact will be frequent and full of content (note: same goes for those of you guilt-tripping me about the lack of non-blogging contact...YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!). Ok, now that that's out of the way...



Man. I have been working on this thing forever. I started it waaay back in April. Can you believe it? A year for a scarf! I could've gestated and given birth to a fetus in that span of time! Of course, the really ridiculous thing is that I am still working on it.

But, I can't quit now - I'm too far in! I've got, easily, 75% of it done. All I need to do is make another foot and half or so of crazy checkerboarded material, then graft the other disintegrating check end onto it, and I'm done. And can wear it proudly, pretending that I started and ended it in the same calendar year.

I've actually been working on it a decent amount lately. It floundered in my tub o' WIP for a few months because I was fed up with the fiddliness of the double knitting and seeming lack of progress. Now it's my go-to knitting for things that do not require visual attention, like podcasting for Jarthen. So, the possibility of getting this thing finished before I get my degree is looking more and more realistic.

No comments: