Tuesday, February 19, 2008

One Step Foward, Two Steps Back

So, remeber the Eton Sweater? And how it looked like this?


I haven't mentioned it for awhile...because I hit a bit of a knitting pothole with it. I tried it on and it was just not going to work. I mean, I have narrow shoulders and all, but I apparently had made a miscalculation at some point that not even Marilyn Monroe's tiny shoulders could squeeze into. So I made it wade around in the frog pound for a minute.


Not quite back to square one, just back to square September. Which sucks. And I need to recalibrate. But before I do that, I thought I'd cheer myself up by showing you exactly how much work has already gone into this puppy. Behold the original schematic:


Ok. Granted, it's not that much to behold. But, it did beget the Chart of Charts:


I know it's split into two pictures, but it's really one gigantic chart. The bottom half is most of the repeating body section, and the top part is how it splits for the neckline. and before you think I just crazily overcharted the damn thing, look at the detail in the middle - it means that the two halves are mirrored and thus worked differently. So just the once chart wouldn't do.

Ok. I feel a little better now. I will finish this sweater, because I made that damned mega-chart by god! Now I just have to figure out what went wrong with those sleeves.

No comments: